Great Ending

The Bone Flower Goddess (The Bone Flower Trilogy Book 3) - TL Morganfield

I finished reading it in about a day, which is extremely fast for me, since I have two kids and a very busy schedule. I got so drawn into the story almost right away that I kept losing track of time and I wound up staying up very late last night, telling myself I would read just one more chapter, again and again.

One of my favorite things about this book was Mextli. He is one of the most interesting, complicated characters I've read about anywhere, and I just wanted more of him. That would be the main reason the book didn't have a full five stars. I wanted to see more of him. The story with him didn't feel complete to me by the end. I very much hope the author will write more about Mextli in some of her other work!

A lot of this story was very sad, a lot of terrible things happening. This probably is not surprising to anybody who has been reading this series up to this point. I was tearing up near the end. That said, the ending, aside from Mextli, felt perfect. There were revelations that I really didn't see coming at all. There was one that I admit I suspected in the previous book, but I had incorrectly decided I was wrong. The conclusion of this book still had an air of sadness, but it felt complete.

I'm always a sucker for a good love story. That's what this is, in the end.