The Viscount and the Witch - Michael J. Sullivan I was so excited to find this available on the kindle for free! I'd just finished the series, and I'm in love with the world and the characters. It was great to see Hadrian and Royce again, and to see the way they interacted nearer to the beginning of their career as partners. I know there are complaints that this isn't an adventure, but it's good character development, and I enjoyed it as such. I feel guilty for not writing a longer review, but I feel I have little new to say that I haven't said about the other books in the series already. If you're just getting started, I do recommend starting with Theft of Swords rather than this one. Even though it takes place earlier chronologically, I don't think a newbie would get as much out of this as someone who is already a fan and familiar with the characters.

I don't even know what to read next. I have a huge queue waiting to be read, but I'm afraid whatever I pick up will suffer from not being part of this series.