Heir to Sevenwaters - Juliet Marillier I was so excited to stumble across this book. I had thought I'd seen the last of the Sevenwaters books, which I consider favorites and recommend to friends at every possible opportunity. This did not disappoint.

I felt like I'd returned home to all my old friends the instant I began this. I was immediately drawn in, which is not something I can say for every book. I found Clodagh very easy to like, and like the other reviewers, I found it refreshing to have a heroine who had no special powers. She was special because of her bravery, determination and compassion. Cathal was also instantly compelling, and I enjoyed learning about him as the story unfolded. Actually, I enjoyed guessing as I went along and finding out which of my predictions were correct. Without giving anything away, I did manage to guess correctly about his origin, but there were plenty of clues.

Like the others in the series, this was a beautiful story. Far too short. I feel sad that it's over already, as I blew through the book in just three days. With certain conflicts left unresolved, I hope this means there will be more Sevenwaters books to come.