Heir of Novron (The Riyria Revelations, #5-6) - Michael J. Sullivan This was the most gripping book I've read in a very long time. I can't remember the last time I was so attached to the characters. I couldn't put it down and go to sleep if something dramatic was happening, because I just can't get to sleep unless I know characters I care about, mainly Hadrian, Royce and Arista, are going to be okay.

I enjoyed the developing relationship between Arista and Hadrian immensely. I enjoyed watching it unfold from the previous book, and I was happy with the way it turned out. This book is more intense than the previous two, as far as danger to the characters. I'd say this entire book counts as the climax for the trilogy.

There were a number of surprises I truly didn't see coming. In hindsight, I could see all the clues that were carefully laid out. I love when things like that happen, when I can see just how meticulously the author planned and mapped everything out. I entered this book full of questions. So many things were implied in the previous book that didn't make sense. By the end, everything was answered, and it all made sense.

I teared up at the climax near the end, and I don't think a book has done that to me in several years. The story, in hindsight, is a bit of a classic epic fantasy story, but it's done in a really original and unexpected way. I've gotten so involved in this series and these characters that I don't think I'll be ready to move on to another book for a while. I highly recommend this.