Thoughts of a nerdy feminist

My first and truest love is fantasy, but I dabble in just about any genre. Not everything I like is 100% perfect when examined through a feminist lens, but I am a firm believer that it's all right to like problematic things, as long as you can acknowledge what is problematic about it and not be a jerk about it.

I am literally shaking with rage

Lynching is an extrajudicial punishment by an informal group. It is most often used to characterize informal public executions by a mob, often by hanging, in order to punish an alleged transgressor, or to intimidate a minority group. (per wikipedia)

Way to dismiss the actual experiences of actual black Americans who were actually hung and actually murdered and actually died in what were actual lynch mobs. False equivalence much? I thought she was a writer, who felt that words were important and had meaning. That's crap, right there. Actually, what I really want to call it, is probably inappropriate even for booklikes for someone with my general attitude toward civility, but holy crap on a popsicle stick you self-righteous, self-aggrandizing, self-important, deluded, delusional, dismissive frothbucket.

She is so wrapped up in her own cause that she has lost her fucking mind.

Reblogged from Moonlight Reader